Monday, September 17, 2007

Family Home Evening Revelations

So tonight we had family home evening and the lesson was on prayer. I read a story from the Friend and after I was finished I asked Madelyn to come and sit by me so I could tell her a story. She is really into hearing stories of when she was a baby. I started telling her when me and her dad were first married we really wanted a baby. I explained to her that more than anything I wanted to be a mom. I then told her how me and her dad prayed and prayed for a baby to come to our home and how we were so happy when Heavenly Father answered our prayers and sent us the most beautiful baby girl in the whole world. I then shared with her my testimony that I know Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. When I was done she said "Mom, can I say something now"? She is kind of bossy!! I said sure Madelyn what do you want to say and she said do you know that when I was a little little baby Heavenly Father and Jesus held me? I said is that so and she said yes, and mom they really love me. Yes, Madelyn they really do! This of course made Dallan cry, but that shouldn't suprise anyone, he cries at just about anything she says or does. But how could someone look at this picture and not know for certain that what she said tonight really did happen. She is getting so big, so fast. We love her and are thankful everyday for the miracle she is to us and to so many others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandee....

I love you! I read these and just cry because I am so thankful for you and Dallan. I can not imagine that Madelyn could belong anywhere else. Thank you for all that you do. She is so wonderful and frankly, I am pretty sure that she is brilliant.

Stephanie